Monday, April 11, 2016

¡Hola!
Honestly can`t believe that it is monday again, I swear that monday was yesterday. But, I guess it means I am enjoying the work when the time is flying by. 

This week was a bit of a rough week, we had everything fall through and there also weren`t a lot of people to contact as well, I swear everyone disappeared from Ambato this week. Normally this kind of week wouldn`t bother me and I would just keep moving forward, but as a trainer you hope for the best experience for your companion, because those first 12 weeks in the mission are rough, and anything I can do as a companion to make it better for her is what I want to do. So when things fell through and it got difficult it stressed me out, because I didn`t want my companion to get discouraged. I now understand why people say that training is so difficult and stressful. This area needs a lot of work, but we are ready to work and we are ready for a new week. There are always a bump in the road kind of weeks in the mission, but if we move forward with diligence the Lord will bless our efforts and guide our steps to where we need to be. 

This week we had divisions with the Hermana Leaders and I was with Hna Willson for the day!!! She was my latin companion for the last 2 weeks in the CCM. It was so much fun to be able to be with her again for a day and to see how much has really changed and how much we have progressed in that time. It was a ton of fun being with her and this time around actually being able to use spanish. Any time she talked to me in spanish in the CCM I didn`t understand a single thing she was saying, this time around I understood everything she was saying. Even in one contact I corrected what she heard about their dirrection.. it made me realize at how much spanish I actually know. It was a ton of fun being with her and being able to reminisce in the CCM times and to really just see how much has changed and realize at how much I love the mission now. 

Hna Wilson & Hna Cordon

We are working with two families here specifically. One family all of them are investigators and the other, all of the kids are members and the parents aren`t. The reason that they all aren`t baptized is because they are not married. We focused a lot on eternal families and the importance of following God to recieve His blessings. We are hoping to help them all to move forward and be baptized by the end of April.

This week I learned a lot about just trusting in the Spirit and being diligent. As a trainer there are a lot of moments that I have to make the decision,and a lot of times I feel like I actually don`t know what I am doing. But, when I focus on the Spirit and when I focus on doing the will of the Lord we are able to keep moving forward and seeing little miracles. Though a lot of things fell through this week we had a lot of little miracles that kept our spirits up. One cool story is last monday night when our appointments fell through we decided to start contacting so that we can find out why we were there. The first door we knocked on the lady let us in and we were able to teach the first lesson. We still haven`t been able to have a second lesson, but it was really cool for Hna Stoneking to see the hand of the Lord in His work. She really was happy when we left and I was really grateful for that experience.

We have a lot of work in store for us to prepare Quito for a temple and to help more and more people be ready to enter the temple and work there when it is finished. I am so excited for the people here and the blessings that are in store for them!

Though the work can be hard sometimes, I truly am blessed to be able to be a missionary here in Ecuador. I love the mission and I love being able to share my testimony with everyone.

I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Mucho Amor,
Hermana Cordon



Ambato is really pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment