Monday, May 30, 2016

Una Semana Buena

¡Hola mis queridos amigos y mi querida familia!

Our Lunch Today
Today we had a relaxing pday, which was nice! We went to our chapel, which is right by our house, and made lunch and cookies! We made a typcial Ecuador meal; rice, egg, maduro, and avocado. But, we are not quite Ecuadorianas and it didn`t really taste that great, mainly the rice, because we didn`t have salt and didn`t want to run over to our house... haha but, it was still good! We also were able to organize our house in a new way which opened it up and makes the place feel better, I hope that will help us to relax more in our house and to not feel so claustrophobic, because our house is really small. But it looks a lot better now!

I always seem to find myself on mondays feeling like I did so much, but not being able to remember anything that we did.. but, it was a good week! We kept contacting and enjoying the work. I am doing good, and I was not stressed this week, I have been able to once again put my trust in the Lord that if we are doing all that we can, He will put the people in our path that need to hear our message. Maybe we are not finding any families right now, or a lot of our appointments fall through, but I know that I am putting in my effort and this week I remembered to really pray for guidance and to seek the Lord in all that I do. It is easy once you get in the routine of things to just do it and forget what source you should be doing it through, but this week I was able to remind myself to seek His guidance and to really stop and ponder on what we should be doing next. I still have a lot to learn, but I feel as though I am making progress, which is always a good thing. 

This week, like I said above, a lot of our appointments fell through. I feel like everyday we have planned like 5 contacts from other days, and then they all fall through. I just know that we just have to keep working and it will all work out in the end. One thing that happened this week was with Stanley, our investigator, we had an appointment planned for saturday night at 7. We had called and confirmed in the morning and then we called at 6:50 to tell him we are going to be there in 10 minutes, and he said that he was going to be another 30 minutes, we changed to 8. We had a member with us and she agreed to join us for 2 hours, so great! So we went and visited a less active close by where we were, which was awesome cause we hadn`t been able to get an appointment with her all week! Then we went back to Stanley´s house at 8, and he wasn`t there. And he also didn`t answer his phone. It was a little weird and we didn`t know what happened. But, we walked the member home and then we ended up sharing a message with her to animate her more. We then tried calling him again sunday morning to verify if he remembered about the church and if he was going to come. And he didn`t answer, so we figured that he wasn`t going to come to church. But, about 2 minutes after sacrament started, he showed up! And without us asking, the member that we have as his friend went and sat by him and everything! It was awesome, he doesn`t have a baptism date right now, because the last appointment we had he wanted more time, and he wouldn`t commit to a new date. We have an appointment tonight so hopefully we can help him to accept a new baptism date for the 18th. We also finally were able to have an appointment with a less active that we contacted awhile ago, but every time we passed by she could never visit with us, but this last saturday she was able to visit with us which was great! We have a lot more confidence with her and hopefully we can help her to feel the spirit and to come back to church, she has been inactive for over 20 years. I do love this work! :)

We also had a ward activity this week focused on families, trying to get people excited to get to the temple and to become an eternal family. It was a lot of success and there were alot of investigators there as well! It was great! Me and my companion helped our pensionista family with a sketch that they put on, because they are one of the families that are sealed in the temple. They put on a sketch about there life before they became members and how the gospel had changed their lives. The Hno was always drunk before he became a member, so they acted that and it was hilarious! And it was sad to see what their family was like, but with the gospel they have changed so much, and now they are an eternal family!! I seriously love this about the gospel, it doesn`t matter where we are at in life, what problems we have, what kind of people we are, we can change and we can become better people, we can become the person God wants us to be.  No one is a lost cause, which is thanks to the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I know that this is the work of the Lord, and it is not easy for us, because it was never ever easy for Him. I know that He is with us every step of the way when we are obedient and trust in Him and try to do His will. I love my Savior and all that He did for me, and I am so grateful for this short time I have to offer to Him and to invite and help my brothers and sisters here in Ecuador come closer to Him. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints is the true church of God. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I love you all and thank you all for you love and support!! Have an absolutely amazing week and don`t forget to keep your thoughts centered on Christ!

Mucho Amor,
Hermana Cordon

P.S. Here is a REALLY COOL VIDEO you will LOVE IT!

Close up of the Crab

 Me with a crab that my pensionistas granddaughter had 
 Me with a crab that my pensionistas granddaughter had 
Here in Ecuador with creamier soup, we put popcorn in our soup. It actually is really good. 

Cool Pants we bought!

No comments:

Post a Comment