Monday, December 7, 2015

Cows in Ecuador

¡Hola!

Well this week as we were leaving a house of an investigator we were walking down the sidewalk next to a busy road and we look ahead and there are 4 cows just casually walking down the road. Now this is not normal for ecuador and it was quite comical! Especially when a little indigineous lady came running after them trying to corral them. And then a little calf went into a park that was surrounded with a fence and the lady was trying to corral the other ones so we went into the park and cornered this calf so that he would leave and join the other cows. It was quite a comical experience!

Well Christmas is starting to pop up here in Ecuador and it makes me so happy! A lot of the houses now have nice pretty christmas trees! Not a lot of the houses have lights, but a couple do and its fun to see when we are walking down the streets at night! When we walked into our pensionista´s home this week after she had decorated it made me so happy! Her house feels like home with all the decorations, and the best is that underneath her tree she has a train that makes sounds and everything! It really is just like home! This really is such a great time of the year and I am truly grateful for the opportunity I have to be spending this time dedicated to the Lord´s work. 

This week we had a lot of time to contact to find new people and to try to have some appointments, though many people didn´t accept the invite to listen to us, we were able to plant so many seeds! I am reminding myself of that a lot this week, that a lot of people need 7 or 8 times in contact with the church to actually accept the gospel into their life. So this week I was able to be a one of these times for a lot of people and that in the future when they talk to missionaries again or have a time in their life when they are looking for the Lord they will have a moment that they heard about this gospel to have the chance to accept this gospel! I just remind myself of the investigators we have right now, the ones that are truly progressing all had several contacts with the gospel before we even entered their lives and that they were able to be prepared for this moment in time. And that is truly a blessing to me that I get to be the one to see these people accept the gospel, and so I just have to remember that one day these people I am talking to will one day have this moment in time and there will be some missionaries in the future helping them accept the gospel in the moment that they were prepared for. 

One motto that I have started saying and that I just love is "Dios tiene un plan"(God has a plan). Sometimes we don´t know this plan and sometimes things just seems to be a little to difficult or different then you had hoped. But, just remember that God knows you and knows what you need and everything happens for a reason. I know that I am here in Conocoto right now and with the companion I have and with the people we are teaching, because God has a plan and he knew what I needed and where I needed to be. Just remember always that Dios tiene un plan! 

I love you all! Thank you for the letters and love that you send my way!
Hermana Cordon



The cows in the middle of the road with the indigenous lady

A picture a member drew for me whose mom is our investigator


No comments:

Post a Comment