Monday, December 28, 2015

Navidad

¡Hola!
I hope everyone had a great christmas and remembered why we celebrate this wonderful holiday! 

This week was a bit slow, because here is South America, everyone gets even more busy for the week of the holiday and a lot of people leave town. For christmas, everyone here gathers as cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, kids, and everything in between christmas eve and party till about 3 in the morning, and then christmas day is a normal day, just no one has work. It was a bit different from the christmases I have had in my life, but I am so very grateful the opportunity I had to pass this christmas season as a missionary and sharing the message of the Savior to those that would listen. It was a very different, but a very blessed Christmas for me! Though we basiclly only contacted this week, because everyone was really busy, it still flew by, because we were making sure to keep ourselves busy and do our part!

I truly loved talking to you guys this Christmas!! It gave me the added boost I need to keep pushing forward and doing what I am supposed to be doing here!
Today we went to the Basilica, a giant old catholic church here in Quito, and it was cool! The only thing is I always feel so uncomfortable in the Catholic churches, because they are a church, but so empty of the spirit. I am just so grateful that when I enter one of our churches, I can really feel the spirit and we leave rejuvenated by the spirit. But, we got some really awesome photos of Quito, because we could go up into the towers and they are high up! And it was a fun activity with my district! 

I am looking forward to the new year and the chance to make it the best year yet! One thing an apostle, I believe David A Bednar, said in a talk we saw in the MTC was that every year needs to be the best year of your life. With this gospel we should always be growing and doing better, and if we are not we are not using the gospel the way we should be. I really like that, that every year really can be and should be the best year that we have ever had, because every year we should be even more closer to the savior. 

I love you all and talk to you next year!!! 

Hermana Cordon

No comments:

Post a Comment